This innovative one day clinical course is ideal for physiotherapists who want to add Ultrasound Imaging to their assessment & Management of pelvic health patients.
What we will cover:
- Advance your assessment and management of rectus diastasis patients
- Assess linea alba width & depth and it’s response to loading with US imaging
- Assessing Pelvic floor function in functional positions using US ( Trans Abd)
- Rehab of PF fast and slow twitch fibre activity in functional exercise
- Educating post natal patients on abdominal / pelvic floor function using US
- Using US imaging for pelvic floor relaxation in pelvic pain patients
- How to use Ultrasound Imaging to grow your Pelvic Health clinic
9-10am: Ultrasound Imaging Theory, Course Aims & Objectives
10-11am : Muscle Scanning: Fascia, Muscleds, Measurements, changing parameters, getting comfortable with scanning
11-12pm: Abdominal Muscle Architecture
12-1pm: Linea Alba Architecture with measurements in supine and weight bearing. Changes in LA with exercise and loading
1-2pm: Pelvic FLoor assessment in supine& weight bearing: Slow and fast fibre assessment. Recruitment strategies using breathing, abdominals and verbal cues
3-4pm: Reverse kegels and strategies for the over active pelvic floor using US imaging in supine and weight bearing.
4-4.30pm: Time to get creative with rehab & US Imaging
4.30-5pm: Business development with US imaging: The Barefoot clinic experience
Tutor: Gerard Greene MSc (Manip Physio)
Gerard has developed 3 specialist pelvic health clinics in Birmingham which also delivers a significant Mummy MOT service. In addition he works in male pelvic floor dysfunction . He is involved in research on abdominal/ Pelvic floor US imaging in Coventry University and uses it clinically in both female and male pelvic health.
Date: Saturday 8th December 2018 – 9am to 5pm
Cost: £147 – [£127 for Mummy MOT® hub members, click here]
Venue: Chelsea & Westminster, London